My Background

Saturday 19 October 2019

Marathon 51/52 in 52 Weeks....The X-Run, 19.10.2019


Saturday morning (early, very) and time for a marathon! Quite excited for this weekend, as it's (hopefully) going to be number 51 and 52 of my 52 Marathons in 52 weeks. I never really thought I'd do that, and actually I haven't yet, but it's looking like I might, so I am feeling pretty excited that I might manage it.

So, time to stop swanning around...


...stop ducking the matter...


...and...

Back to Saturn this weekend, on the course near Reading, which I really love. It's even changed a bit (to avoid the busy bit by the lock) and now goes through the nature reserve, as well as through meadows and along the river, so it's even better than it used to be. Saturn runs are really good, relaxed, super friendly, and a great aid station (including three of my favourite things: peanut pretzel parcels, watermelon, and grapes) and I always have a good day there. Love them!

I felt like today was a big hug, with lots of friends there. Got to run the whole marathon with Sarah, which was really good fun, and the miles passed quickly. Thanks Sarah! 

Lots of laughs, including running past the rowing club, when the coach shouted "don't move the body!" Blimey. Glancing apprehensively at the river, expecting to see a body float by, I was relieved to see only a boat full of rowers all out of sync. Phew.

It was a bit hard today. I think my legs are still a bit knackered from the hills last weekend. But whatever. It was a beautiful sunny day by the river, running with friends, and a few sore muscles aren't going to spoil that. 

Thanks Saturn, and everyone for a great day!


So, will be back at Saturn tomorrow, and hope to do #52....

No comments:

Post a Comment