My Background

Tuesday 31 December 2019

2019 - Running Adventures!


January, a new year dawned,
And running through the mud,
On trail runs, races, laps, and more,
The year's start was good.


Just over nine years since my first,
In Feb I did my quest,
To join the Hundred Mara Club,
And wear the famous vest.


In March I thought I'd carry on,
But focus on my times,
Some quicker marathons ensued,
As spring began to shine.


Ten marathons in just ten days,
Was my main April test,
I did it, loved it, wanted more,
It really was the best.


The Hadrian Hundred Miler,
In May, it loomed for me,
I shouldn't worry, it was great,
And meant a new PB.


In June my HANNAH Challenge Runs,
Raised money for good cause,
My great friend, fighter, Supergirl,
For you, I will not pause!


July, some summer sunshine came,
Nice for running ultras,
To Dorset, Kas's hundredth run,
Much fun, and friends, and vodka!


Then August was a mixed affair,
My mental health was low,
But I asked for help, now have it,
And six runs helped, I know.


September came, and off to France,
Rest and recovery,
Then back to start the North Downs Way,
With stops for cake, and tea.


October came, a trip to Wales,
Then number fifty two,
Of marathons in as many weeks, 
Each an adventure new.


In November, I flew to Greece,
For Athens Marathon,
The authentic race, warm and fine,
It is my favourite run!


December, back to more events,
A run each day this month,
To keep the winter blues at bay,
And eat big Christmas lunch.


This year has had some lows, it's true,
Like waves they rise and fall,
There's been so many highlights too,
Top moment? A close call!

I've met so many tip top souls,
Through running adventures,
I'd like to thank you one and all, 
For your love, laughs, rescues!

As twenty nineteen draws to close,
Another decade starts,
I wish you all health, love and smiles,
Wish it with all my heart! 
💜💛💚💙💗

No comments:

Post a Comment