My Background

Thursday 12 December 2019

Marcothon Days 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12

Day 8: Sunday
Hey...


...it the start of week 2 of Marcothon, which means it's time to start searching for another run....


..found! A 5km in the dark around London Fields. If I hadn't been doing Marcothon I wouldn't have run today, or most of last week for that matter. Feeling quite good for it!

Day 9: Monday
Obviously, I never feel that good on a Monday, so last night's feeling was lost somewhat by the morning, but I regained it again in the evening, by running 5km home from work. I survived Monday and another run, the streak lives on! 

Day 10: Tuesday
I decided that running to work makes me feel better for the day, so I ran there this morning, with an extra bit around Highbury Fields. Lots of places in London have field in their name. Which is funny, as they aren't really like fields at all. Not ploughed, hilly, muddy ones anyway. Very refined fields.

Saw some ducks. 


This running streak is quackers! 

Saw lots of trees. 


Trees are quite good at decorating themselves really, who needs a Christmas tree?

Day 11: Wednesday
Did yoga, and my teacher told us that tonight was a full moon, and the perfect time to meditate.


Feeling calm, fitted in a 5 km after yoga, which turned out quite well, felt quite stretchy, and had a good run around Victoria Park, where I found some proper Christmas trees...


Day 12: Thursday
Hungry after all the meditating, I woke up early, and headed back down to Brick Lane. I really loved this run! Not sure why I loved it so much, just felt good to be out early, running in the dark before the day started, and seeing past lots of familiar places. I was really starting to get hungry though....mmmmm...bacon....


I suppose I should really balance it out with some veg....


And a nice cocktail to finish off with....


It is Christmas, after all....


Well, I'm getting used to running every day. I'm....


......in fact! 🎄🎅🏃

No comments:

Post a Comment