My Background

Tuesday 24 December 2019

Merry Christmas! Marcothon Days 22 & 23 & 24..... Christmas Running!

Day 22: Sunday
Today, I went to Worcester for my friend Kirsty's baby shower afternoon tea. There's nothing like catching up with old friends as food for the soul. And lots of actual food (mostly cake) as well...

....was late when I got back to the Big Smoke, but despite the late hour, I was still fuelled by all the baked goodness. I decided, it being almost Christmas, I should head for St Paul's, for a Christmas run. Food was still on my mind, and I got distracted along the way...



.....and was tempted by a drink as well.....


....and then started looking at Christmas trees...


....which soon lead me back to St Paul's...


...in time for the bells chiming 10PM. Magical being there in the dark, with lights glowing all around, the dome of St Paul's rising into the darkness, and the bells booming from up above. Had a little break and wandered around....




...and there was no chance of getting lost, as the roads provide helpful clues as to where you are near...




Headed back home, to complete 10 km.  

Day 23: Monday
Continuing with the Christmas theme, and bored of my usual run commute, I ran home via Angel...


...which involved a last minute shopping trip, where I got ID'd buying cocktail ingredients....there is an angel in Angel 😇

....then a run home down more Christmas roads....


...and some giant baubles


Day 24: Tuesday - Christmas Eve!
And all this Christmasness had brought us to Christmas Eve!  

And time for a Christmas Brick Lane run before work. It was busier than I expected for people being up early morning on Christmas Eve. I was planning on getting Bagel breakfast, but it was so busy, there was a queue! Actually, judging by the crowd out, I think some people might have been on the way home from last night. Anyway, everyone was in a very good mood, people were smiling and saying hello to each other, which is unusual for London, and a weird bloke asked if he could come for a run with me tomorrow....

....maybe it was Santa. Or maybe not. To be on the safe side, I speeded up and got out of there....  until got distracted by another Christmas tree...


...then for work...and back Up North for Christmas....

Merry Christmas everyone! 🎅🎄🌟

No comments:

Post a Comment