My Background

Thursday 2 September 2021

SVN Zodiac Challenges 3 x 50km

Back to SVN for a long Bank Holiday weekend, to rejoin the epic 12 in 12ers, who have been keeping going with their 12 challenges in 12 days since I was there last weekend. Wow, would like to say huge congratulations to them all (they have finished now) - outstanding performances all around. It was a privilege and so inspiring to see all your achievements! 

Saturday 28.08.2021 Virgo Challenge, 50km, 5:13:02
Saturday I ran a few miles with Claire to start with and it was very lovely to catch up! Ran the rest of the marathon with Craig, which is always good fun and the miles fly by! Then carried on to do a 50km and ran a bit with Rob which is always a treat (and we discovered that we are mermaid twins - Ariel). So a very fun day altogether, and I realised after that I did my fastest ever 50km time (5:13), which I was quite surprised at. Thank you Craig for the Skittles ice cream, and the pub trip with Alice afterwards! 

Sunday 29.08.2021 Gemini Challenge 50km, 5:22:55
Stayed overnight at the Travelodge right by the start on Saturday night, so on Sunday I woke up as close to the start of any event that I ever have done, I think! Made for a nice relaxing morning, with just a two-minute journey to the start! Did another 50km today, and ran most of it on my own, but of course with plenty of chats and smiles during the miles. Embraced some good confectionary moments. Thank you Jackie for the fudge this weekend (Caramac today). My Love Hearts experience got off to an ominous start on lap 7, with the first one being a sad face, and the next one saying "dream on". I didn't panic though, as the next one said "stay cool", so I did as instructed, and in the second half of the pack things brightened up a bit, with "I love you" and a happy face making an appearance.  Today's Penguin joke was 
Q: "Why was the penguin happy" 
A: "He was a pen-grin"

Have loved hanging around at the end of the runs this weekend, catching up and watching people finish. Andrew arrived a little after I finished, and after a debate with Traviss about where I'm from (which for the record is Lancashire, not Scotland, and DEFINATELY not Yorkshire), Andrew and I headed up the course to the Premier Inn (AKA the Purple Palace), because this weekend, as well as running, I was doing a tour of all the different hotels you can stay in within sight of the Cyclopark. We went to The George pub (also within sight of the Cycolpoark) for dinner and drinks with Teresa, Julia, Rob, Alice, Dave, and Craig. Or, rather instead of dinner, I had fish finger sandwiches, which apparently is not considered as adult food by many of the pub gang. And chocolate fudge cake, which I don't think is really up for debate. Chocolate fudge cake with warm chocolate sauce and ice cream is the king of desserts, end of discussion. 

Monday 30.08.2021 Taurus Challenge 50km, 5:34:41
Fab suprise that Sarah and Jon were there today! Haven't run with Sarah since the Denbies 100 so we had a lot to catch up on, so we had to run an ultra to get through it all. We ran the marahton with Andrew, and were also joined by a tiny mouse who raced us across the railway bridge on the half way lap. I haven't run three back to backs this long before, so i was a bit unsure of myself on starting this morning, but of course it turned into another fabulous day, and I felt better at the end than at the start. Thanks Sarah and Andrew for the chats and for getting me round. And thanks Jon for the lift to the station in the Japanese Super Van! Was really sad to leave today, and not see everyone finish the 12 in 12. Loved this weekend, thank you Rachel and Traviss and the SVN team for looking after us, and to everyone for a fab weekend! Feeling a (tiny) bit less terrified of the White Horse 100 in a week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment