My Background

Sunday 3 May 2015

100 Days of Running: Day 1

So, day 1 of 100 Days of Running started yesterday!

100 Days of Running is an fundraising event I am doing to show support for my Aunty Ursula, who is currently having chemotherapy treatment. She is amazing, she has had cancer several times, but is so positive and strong. I know that chemotherapy makes her feel rubbish, and I know that there's not much you can do to stop that. But I thought that if I could raise money for charities she supports, that would show that we are all thinking of her, and might help a bit in that way.

So, from 02.05.15 - 09.08.15 I am going to run 100 days in a row, and hopefully raise sponsorship for the following charities along the way:
  • Clatterbridge Cancer Centre: The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre in the Wirral is where my Aunty has treatment. Money raised for The Clatterbridge Cancer Charity helps them offer the most up-to-date treatments and equipment, undertake research, and provide support services that wouldn't be available without them.
  • Macmillan Nurses: Make sure there's always someone there to support people affected by cancer.
  • Jospice (St Jospehs Hospice): Is a hospice in Liverpool and one which my family have always been involved with and supported...even when I was little I remember my Nana was always knitting blankets for them to send overseas, as they also have hospices in Honduras, Guatemala, Peru and Equador
FANTASTIC CHARITIES.

Here is my fundraising link: uk.virginmoneygiving.com/100days

So I started with Day 1 yesterday = a 10 km Cake Run with the Manchester Frontrunners at Boggart Hole Clough Park : http://cakerace.uk/ which was celebrating the clubs 10th birthday - Happy Birthday Manchester Frontrunners!

I'll be honest. It was the mention of cake that first attracted me to this. But I'm glad it did, because it was a cracking race, with the friendliest marshals and runners and supporters I've ever seen!  Loved every second! It started around the athletics track with lots of hooting and cheering and then off around the park three times (beautiful park, but big hill x 3). Andrew did it too, so we had a bit of a (fairly healthy) competition going. And had a bit of a sprint finish at the end with a fellow runner which is always fun! Then we got a goody bag, which was awesome - medal (!), chocolate buttons (!!), OJ and a banana (for a balanced post run diet):



And then there was cake:


(Note: obviously that wasn't all mine. Promise promise promise)

Got some positive comments on my fundraising top!


Day 1 = done! Hope the rest of the runs are as good as this! And hope this race is on again next year. Will definitely be back, and I recommend it to everyone!


(this was a "1" to symbolise the first day, but the bottom bit fell off/ got eaten - can't confirm which, or who was responsible).

Just in case you missed it, here is my FUNDRAISING PAGE again! uk.virginmoneygiving.com/100days

Thanks for reading :-) x

No comments:

Post a Comment