My Background

Thursday 14 May 2015

100 Days of Running Day 13


Today's forecast was dreadful so I planned on getting up at the crack of dawn to beat the rain. Forecast was wrong. It was already bucketing down when I woke up. A combination of doing a job application, writing a blog, sorting out 'stuff' (collectively known as procrastinating), and almost being locked inside the house equals putting off run until the rain had got even heavier.....

But eventually! A 10 mile run around East London, Victoria Park, along Regents Canal to Islington, then a lap of Brunswick Square Gardens, and a few loops around Tavistock Square Gardens, and finally to Euston to meet my Mum off the train.


I am impressed by how brave most Londoners are when it comes to running, people were wearing only vests and shorts in this freezing soaking weather! And there was a certain type of thus attired runner out in force today; men who were sprinting round the park, virtually growling as they went, mowing down all in their path and splashing right through the middle of puddles. I conclude they must have been out on their lunch break, and due back for an important meeting in approx 10 minutes. I just tootled along wrapped up in a waterproof listening to some questionable motivational running soundtrack (which sounded to me just like loads of stuff I definitely recognize from the 90s stuck in the middle of some weird new beat) and dodging the puddles where able. I've just read that and realize I sound about 90. Oh well. There you go. 

Stats
Days: 13
Total miles: 123.99 miles

uk.virginmoneygiving.com/100days

No comments:

Post a Comment