My Background

Wednesday 6 May 2015

100 Days of Running: Day 5


Day 5 dawned bright and sunny. Just kidding. Studied weather forecast last night, and the least terrible option seemed to be to get a run in early and cling to the hope the rain might come late. I made it to the end of the drive. Then it rained the rest of the time. Conquered another 10 miles in it though, not bad.


"There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people" - Bill Bowerman

I disagree.

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing" - Sir Ranulph Fiennes 

I kind of disagree less, but, if it wasn't for the bad weather, you wouldn't require appropriate clothing, therefore there's got to be some bad weather in there, somewhere. 

However, a bit of wind and rain is not the end of the world, and is not even worth mentioning, when you think of what a lot of people have to deal with weather wise. Therefore, in very un-British fashion, this will be my last weather rant for the next 95 days.

I won a prize for coming 3rd in The Cake Race! £25! Totally made up with this news. This will go towards my sponsorship total.

Macmillan have sent me a sponsorship pack. Been reading about what they do. Sounds silly, as I know they are a charity, but didn't realize what that really meant I suppose. Over 98% of their income in 2013 was from voluntary donations/ fundraising - that's £186.9 million! That's a lot of money to raise to do their work. And fundraising events raised £37.2 million of this! 

And I found out that £27 can pay for a Macmillan Nurse for an hour, so they can give essential medical, practical and emotional support to people living with cancer and their families.

What a great charity!

uk.virginmoneygiving.com/100days

No comments:

Post a Comment