My Background

Monday 4 May 2015

100 Days of Running: Day 3

Day 3!




First half marathon today!


Just Andrew and me today, down the hill from my parents house and along the canal towards Blackburn and back.

Sun shone for the whole time, for the first time!

Enjoyed the 10kms at the weekend, but have done some maths (so having a lie down now) and have concluded that if am going to get to 1000 miles, am going to have to run more than 10km a day....so am having a catch up few days. It's more complicated than I thought, figuring out how far to run each day. Off to make a spreadsheet.

Having put in what feels like 3 solid days work, I don't seem to have got very far. Feeling disheartened, I searched for inspiration. And! I remembered! Running legend Ron Hill is 76 years old, and his running streak is now in it's 50th year and he has averaged 7 miles per day over that time (a "run" for him is at least 1 mile and he has continued his running streak during times with a broken sternum and then following foot surgery, when he ran 1 mile on a crutch). True legend indeed!!! 

Geek stats
Days: 3
Total miles: 25


uk.virginmoneygiving.com/100days

No comments:

Post a Comment