My Background

Tuesday 5 May 2015

100 Days of Running: Day 4



15 miles today along the canal, same as yesterday, but a bit further. Back on track now with my average mileage (10 miles/ day) and feeling good, better than yesterday which was quite difficult.


Have got Spotify on my phone now. One of the questions that people ask me the most about running is, what do you think about when you do long runs? My answer is quite rubbish, as I am genuinely not sure what I do think about most of the time, from which I conclude that I must think about not a lot. Which is boring, and quite worrying. What a waste of time. So in preparation for the next 97 days I this morning got Spotify, so  at least I can listen to a wide variety of music, and by the end of the challenge be able to answer quiz questions all about music. So today I listened to a single Lord of the Dance album, for the entire 2 hours and 16 minutes of running, and for about the last half an hour, listened to The Lord of the Dance theme song over and over on repeat.

I know. That's embarrassing. I'm not sure why I've written it down. I defy you though, to listen to that song and NOT speed up as your Riverdance down the tow path, faster and faster as the song goes on, finishing with a final over-enthusiastic heel kick and scattering the nearest group of ducks flying into the sky.

Got some more donations in - THANK YOU all!!! Very touched by the kindness of everyone in donating, and by the things people have told me about how cancer has affected their family too, which has moved them to donate.  The world is full of positive and kind people - thank you, thank you, thank you for supporting us :-)

Geek stats
Runs: 4
Total miles: 40

uk.virginmoneygiving.com/100days

No comments:

Post a Comment