My Background

Friday 29 May 2015

100 Days of RUnning Day 26 Twice as Nice


 
 
Part 1: Beautiful sunny day. After a few hours stuck inside revising I couldn’t take it anymore and sneaked outside for a sneaky lunchtime run. I admit, this was also motivated by the need to buy a new handbag and something for lunch. Still, I did 3.6 miles and really enjoyed it. I think I’ve reached some kind of critical mass running-wise. The first couple of weeks, maybe more, of the challenge were really tough. My legs were always stiff and heavy and I felt generally a bit tired all the time. I thought this was probably just because of running more than usual, and thought it was probably normal, so I didn’t take much notice. But this week things have changed, and it’s like everything feels looser, like I’ve finally gotten into my stride. So, if my example is anything to go by, and in case anyone is interested, it seems it takes about 3 weeks of doing something every day before you get used to it. So there you go.

 
Part 2: I went home after Part 1 and continued with revision. I was meeting Andrew later in the afternoon for the actual planned run for today. So ran along Regents Canal to meet in Bloomsbury, then took the path of a drunken bee down to the river, along to Tower Bridge, and a bit further for good measure. Then back to Tower Bridge and up through Brick Lane (via Tesco for another emergency smoothie situation, this time for Andrew - I might make the same mistakes more than once, but not generally as a rule within 24 hours of each other). 10.5 miles tonight, so 14.1 miles altogether today.



Ran past some Shaun the Sheeps on the way. That’s normal, by the way. They are supposed to be here. Part of Shaun in the City tour – a flock of 50 of them are dotted about London. Have just seen they are only here until Sunday, would ewe believe it, and then they are moving to Bristol. I’ll miss ewe Shawn the Sheep when you go. And then they will be sold at auction to raise money for charity. And there will be no more sheep jokes. Ph-ewe.

Sorry.

 
 
Stats
Days: 26
Total miles: 259.62

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewe are amazing!! - Sorry!!! Love the Shaun the Sheeps. I meant to try and get to see some when I was down there but completely forgot until I saw these pictures.
    Never mind last year was Paddington, this year Shaun I wonder what next year will bring!
    Mum xx

    ReplyDelete