My Background

Sunday 21 April 2019

10 marathons in 10 days, day #9/10

Day 9, another 8 laps for a marathon, for the Unbreakable Shield (and an Easter egg ☺️)...



I woke up this morning in a panic, in the middle of a dream. I dreamt it was 4 in the afternoon, a little before the time of the end of the events, but on my wrist were 5 wrist bands, not 8. I had stopped the marathon earlier, and gone for a spot of shopping, in a shopping mall that didn't have any lights, and I got lost in the dark. I heard Rik and the other runners call my name, and I found my way out to come back to the marathon to complete another lap. But then I noticed that two of my bands were tied together, which in my dream, meant they were only one. And then I woke up, without my 8 marathon bands, and in a panic.

I think this had come about, as last night I had been looking at my photos and noticed an ominous sign on my birthday cake from the weekend....


I had thought that tomorrow, day 10, was the 23rd (although I realised today it's not, it's the 22nd) but I had gone to bed thinking that on 23/04/19 at 10.23 I was going to DNF.

But fortunately, my dreams don't seem to be an accurate predictor of reality! Today was another good day, and I didn't go shopping in the middle of the marathon, get lost, or DNF. In fact, I felt good - quite tired, but good, and did my second quickest time of the 9. I think that my body must have got used to it's new routine, or something, it is very weird. I feel better now than I did earlier on, which I don't understand at all. I even like getting up at 5 AM now. Well, only because I'm not going to work. I'm not looking forward to going back to everyday life and people going back to calling me a tit like normal, and not a TiT. 

But until then, another brilliant day on the towpath. Still getting prouder every day of my fellow TiTs! Everyone is doing amazing. Love watching everyone achieve their goals, and I am so inpsired when people have had to readjust them because of injuries. It is heartbreaking to see people suffer, but absolutely amazed by what everyone can still achieve despite this. You are all awesome!

Another scorcher today! Great to spend a day in the sunshine with friends and relax afterwards and celebrate finish line crossings. Thank you everyone for your support today!

And today's quote.....


And I noticed the gift was nuts again....I'm definitely taking it personally now.

No comments:

Post a Comment