My Background

Wednesday 17 April 2019

10 marathons in 10 days, day #5/10

Today's run, for the Perseverance Shield,


I can see why it's called Perseverance. Much was required. I am identifying with my medals more and more as the days go on 🤣

Felt totally knackered when I woke up today, which was after about 2 hours as I still can't sleep, and had no idea how I was going to run another marathon. So thank you to everyone on the way there and before the start who encouraged me and distracted me with chats. Getting to the start is the hardest part, apparently. And then the rest of it as well, I'd say, but once you're there, you might as well do it, I suppose.

Actually felt quite good once I started, for the first half anyway. I wasn't letting myself think about what I had to do, as it was freaking me out, so I was just running, and I seemed to still be able to. The second half was a different story. I suddenly started to get really bad stomach pains. I've no idea what it was, none of the usual running afflictions. Felt like someone was sticking a knife in and stabbing it around. It stopped about half an hour after I finished, so I guess I'm okay! I couldn't eat much because of it, so I ran out of energy, and felt pretty rubbish. I somehow managed to run my fastest time of the days so far, which makes absolutely no sense, but then none of this really makes any sense, when I think about it.

Thank goodness it's a 5 in 5. Hahahahahahaha!!!!

Oh. My. Days. We have to do it all again.

But not until tomorrow, and we must take only one day at a time. Right? Right. Yes. Got it.

Also, I got my Silver Wings today, for running 25 races with Phoenix. Thanks Rik!


I wish I did have wings. Like a unicorn, or even a bird. Then I could fly round and not use my legs or my feet. No, not a bird, a unicorn. A unicorn would be better. Much better.

I think I'm delerious. I should sleep.

Oh, before that though, day 5 present and quote....


Looks like I'm keeping my sweaty towel for another day then. Nice. 

Well done all runners out there today. What brilliant achievements all round - every day I just get more and more bowled over by what everyone is doing! Thanks Rik, and Jenny on the aid station, and the rest of the Phoenix Team for taking good care of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment