My Background

Monday 15 April 2019

10 marathons in 10 days, day #3/10

Today's medal was the Dauntless Sheild,


I am pretty daunted by 10 in 10, but now I've got a Phoenix holding a sheild saying I'm dauntless, I genuinely feel a bit less daunted.

And today's present...veggie jerky. 


Who would have thought it! If you can make jerky veggie, then there is indeed nothing that can't be done, so I followed the instruction from today's quote to "clear my mind of can't", and headed out for day #3.

First day on holiday today, and running a marathon is definitely easier than going to work at the moment, so even though I have to get up earlier, it feels like a treat to be running a marathon on a weekday!

I feel like I'm getting into my marathon commute. Number 26 bus, Waterloo, coffee, train, walk. The walk is especially nice in good weather, and a thousand hurrahs the weather is picking up! 


Beautiful and sunny today, got a bit sunburnt. Getting runners tan lines in early this year 🤣

The run was much quieter than weekend runs at Phoenix, but still a great crowd out, and good to be with the TiT bunch. Thank you for all the encouragement and laughs and hugs and the way round. And thanks all you fabulous aid station legends for looking after us all day. 

Run felt good today, and it was the west route, over the blue bridge, which is my favourite. Have been feeling quite ok so far, I'm sure it's probably all about to go wrong, but I'm enjoying it whilst it lasts! I haven't even got a blister yet, which is just weird. I always get blisters.

My other nemesis is tight hamstrings, so I have been walking lots of extra miles to stretch things out, streching at weird places like at the train station and bus stops which gets some funny looks. I am worried this isn't enough though, so have been using lots of Deep Heat. Last night I went a bit overboard, and sprayed a bit too much of it in the bathroom, which doesn't have windows, and felt a bit light headed so had to lie down a while. But on the plus side, my legs are fine.

So to tomorrow. Same time, same place!

No comments:

Post a Comment