My Background

Tuesday 16 April 2019

10 marathons in 10 days, day #4/10

Day 4 medal, the Resolute Sheild.


Which stands for "admirably purposeful, determined and unwavering".

And that was needed just for getting to the start, which was a total nightmare this morning. Waterloo Bridge was shut because of demonstrations, so ended up walking a mile and a half through crowds of commuters, that I was way to tired to navigate safely, missed my train, got a later train that turned out ok, then I really needed a wee but there were no toilets in the train or at the station. I was in such a bad mood by the time I got to the start.

But it passed quickly, being around all the TiTs, and after a lap I felt alright again.

Today felt a bit harder, my legs are starting to feel a bit tight despite all my efforts, dammit! And I can't sleep properly, for some reason, so that's annoying. But nothing major, and still feeling alright. I did a tiny bit faster today than the other days. I'm sure this is probably a mistake. But I've never run more than 3 marathons in 3 days before, so I'm basically just winging it now, and finding out what happens, I guess? Who knows!

It was really warm and quite humid today, but quite nice for running in. It feels good to be warmer, finally.

Today's quote and present (which I ate for breakfast - the present, not the quote, I hope I never eat those words!)...



Great to be back on the towpath. And great to see some awesome achievements and milestones reached today. Plus everyone is achieving great things out on the towpath - top work everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment