My Background

Saturday 20 April 2019

10 marathons in 10 days, day #8/10

Day 8 for the Indomitable Shield....



What a difference a day makes, hey! Yesterday I felt all at sea in a storm, today it felt like floating on a pond as still as glass.

The trains were fixed. Hurrah! The ticket inspector came around to check our tickets. He looked at mine, and then at me, and asked 'are you a runner?' 

"Well yes, I am!" I replied, from my lycra clad self.

"Are you running the marathon today?" he continued. This was getting a tiny bit weird, but I went with it.

"Well yes, I am!" I replied, before realising I sounded like a broken record.

"Well!" the guard kindly ignored my unimaginative response, and carried on, "there's a lady a couple of carriages down who is going to do it too. Come! I will show you to her!"

I followed him, and met Apryl! "Oh! You know each other!" said the guard.

"Well yes, we do!" I replied, in a slight deviation from my standard response. I think at the point he got bored of me, and left us to have a good chat.

So today's journey was approximately one million times more enjoyable than yesterday's. Even had plenty of time for a relaxed tea and toast and catch up with the breakfast crew in the pub before the race. 

Some new marathoners out today, and lovely to see them there, Marmalade Mooching down the towpath. Thank you so much Kasia and Sarah for pulling me round some miles! 💕 Kasia and I even accidentally coordinated our nails...



And as always, the TiTs were out doing a brilliant job. Absolutely amazed by everyone, and feel so proud of every single person. What journeys people are on; never easy ones, and battles are being fought for sure, yet always people are so kind to each other, freely giving support, and encouragement and smiles all the way each day. How brilliant a thing to be part of. I love it.

My mind was in a much better place today, and I enjoyed the run. It was really flippin hot, but we made it through, being looked after by the ever fabulous marshals who kept us well hydrated and fuelled. 

Super excited to have these at the end, it must be.... actually I can't even remember when, it's been so long since I had these....


Pickled onion! Oh yeah!!! That brought me back to life quickly at the end!

Another fine quote today:


Moving forwards....that's all the matters. No matter the distance or the time, moving forwards, closer to the goal with every step, is all that is important. Only two days left now! And, I'm clearly going to regret saying this at some point over the next two days, I'm really going to miss it when it's finished!

Keep moving forwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment