My Background

Monday 22 April 2019

10 marathons in 10 days....day #10/10

Day number 10 done! What a day, what an absolute day! I never thought I could do 10 marathons in 10 days. Never!!! Am so excited!



I've become very attached to the TiT bunch - runners and the Phoenix Team - and the other amazing runners coming along on the different days. I've been dreading saying goodbye to everyone today and was worried I'd just feel upset and tired all day. But no! I was quite upset on the train there this morning, but got it all out my system, and the rest of the day was full of so much joy. I love how everyone encourages and supports each other to do these things. I genuinely feel I can do anything when I'm around them. I will miss everyone so much, but know will see you all around, soon.

Today felt a bit like a dream, and yes! I did have another getting lost running dream last night! I dreamt I went the wrong way at the end of the lap, and instead of turning fully round and heading back the other way, I turned only half way around, and then landed in the Thames. But after 80 laps of the towpath over the last 10 days, even I was confident enough with the directions to know that was not worth worrying about. 

I didn't get lost, or fall in the river. I did fall over, but even that was ok, and thanks to the two runners who helped me up and everyone who checked I was ok. 

I loved today. Thank you everyone for making it so! Running felt fun today, and I managed my fastest time of the 10, but that doesn't matter at all, and my favourite part was cheering everyone across the finish line and celebrating at the end. Total total magic!!!

There are way too many things to think about, never mind try to write down. I'm struggling to write something that makes even less sense than usual, so I'll just stick to saying thank you to everyone for now, and a better post and more pictures to follow! 

So, thank you to everyone - including Mum, Dad, Rik and Phoenix marshals, all the other runners and TiTs. And, of course, massive congratulations to my fellow TiTs - I am so proud of you all! What massive TiTs you all are! Will it ever get boring with all the TiT jokes??

And thanks everyone for all your support with messages, likes, etc. It means a lot to know people were interested in how things were going and thought I could do it. I'm not the best person with confidence, so your support has helped me to try to do something I thought I couldn't do, and helped me to do it.

Oh, and day 10 gift and quote (thanks for these Mum and Dad!):


Still got all my toenails! The chick is less intact though - sorry 🙊

No comments:

Post a Comment