My Background

Sunday 14 April 2019

10 marathons in 10 days, day #2/10


Day #2 - today's Phoenix had a Gauntlet sheild. Gauntlet can mean either:

1) To go through an intimidating or dangerous crowd or experience to reach a goal.

Or,

2) Undergo the military punishment of receiving blows whilst running between two rows of men with sticks.

Wow. Fortunately, I'm pleased to say, I got my Gauntlet sheild without having to go through either, especially number 2, so I sort of feel like I cheated.

Today's present was...


And I'm also pleased that my brain is still all in agreement with itself, to keep going. Today was the other way along the towpath (east), and I felt fine for the 8 laps, other than a bit weak for a couple before half way, but some aid station pretzels and a couple of Freddos sorted it out.

Great run today. Thank you to everyone for the birthday songs, wishes, hugs and chats on the way round! And thanks Gemma for running with me the whole way...


And thanks Andrew for my cake, and to everyone for sharing it. Sorry there wasn't enough. I should know by now that runners love cake!



Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. I am very lucky! 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment