My Background

Wednesday 24 April 2019

10 marathons in 10 days....day #....oh....



The last two days have been like the worst ever return from a holiday that has ever been. I miss my running friends, I miss Phoenix, I miss running, I miss the towpath in the sun. I miss wearing my trainers. I miss my TiT bib.... 

No one shouts nice things and waves at me anymore, and tells me I can do it. I did accidentally shout well done at someone I passed in the street on Tuesday morning, but they looked at me like I was an alien, and when I tried to high five them, they crossed the road. 

There isn't an aid station with snack opportunities every half an hour or so anymore, so I've been getting really hungry. I haven't had a Freddo for two days. Oh no, I did,come to think of it, I ate my Freddo Easter egg. Anyway......

I haven't achieved anything for two days apart from go to work, and manage to make everything worse there and annoy everyone. I don't get to walk along the River every morning and have breakfast in the pub with fabulous people. I didn't get a medal for two days now. Etc, etc, etc.... 

I decided this was enough. I must pull myself out of this rut. So I made a day #12 medal, to acknowledge the feeling that I am having in this difficult period......


And to add to my collection...


And then I ran a marathon. Only kidding!

It's quite hilarious really. I was so apprehensive about the 10 in 10 beforehand, and it turned into one of the best things I've ever done. It really goes to show - you should just go for things and try them, and not worry about if you can do them or not. Think of all the things I've probably missed out on, because I was too scared to do them, because I thought I couldn't do it! I also didn't get given a quote today, so I've had to find my own, which isn;t quite up there with my Mum's, but it's something... 

A few snaps from the day #10......




Everything looks so colourful! I feel melancholy again looking at them, and thinking it's over...

From which my conclusion is.....I need to run some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment