My Background

Thursday 2 July 2015

100 Days of Running Day 62 - twice as nice, and the end of a chapter

 
 
Early morning 4 miler to see another DNA sculpture - Bios by Nick Gentry at the Barbican Cinema celebrates life through the merging of nature and technology.
 
 
 
It's lovely. Like a giant tree of life.
 
Ran through rush hour all around Old Street to get there. It doesn't sound like much fun, but I love it! So much to see, all the people and cars and buildings. Loads of street art around that part of town, and old twisted buildings sandwiched between new ones.
 
 
Got home, and found out this afternoon I have passed my PG Dip Dietetics course, and am now a qualified dietitian! Just over two years ago I gave everything up and decided to move to Yorkshire, of all places, to follow my dream and train as a dietitan. Two tough years since then, but today I found out that it's all worked out. Thanks to all of my family and friends (old and new!) who have given me so much support and always believed in me, which must be pretty frustrating, given that I never believe in myself. Couldn't have done it without you all! It was a difficult but important chapter in my life, and one which I hope will make the next chapters good ones.
 
Went out for another 5km to the park this evening with Andrew to celebrate!
 
This may be how to get around this whole heatwave malarkey. Shorter runs early and late, and keep cool in the middle. Like a Baked Alaska.
 
 
 Stats
Total days: 62
Total miles: 659.35
 

No comments:

Post a Comment