My Background

Monday 27 July 2015

100 Days of Running Day 87: I would run 900 miles...and I would run 900 more...

 

Today is a big day, I broke the 900 miles point, and am now into the final 100 miles of the challenge! Every mile counts, but today feels good, especially after yesterday's downer. The finish line is getting nearer!
 
I realised I could reach 900 miles today once I saw my total was 888.75 miles last night. After some quick mental maths, I calculated a 12.25 miler would see me over the magic number. So, I was happy just now when I updated my spreadsheet (this proves I am serious about this, I made it a spreadsheet) and 901 miles came up. We will skirt over my erroneous maths, and be thankful instead for the extra mile. Hurrah!
 
Ran along the canal towards Limehouse, back home where Andrew left to go to work, and then back to Victoria Park for a couple of laps. Then rain and the sun seemed to be having some kind of argument, but fair play to the sun, it came out on top. All in all it was a nice run, uneventful, but often we should be thankful for uneventful events, they can be quite relaxing, and provide nothing new to worry about.
 
Today is also a moment in the challenge when I say goodbye to my faithful purple trainers. We started this together, and have been through mud, rivers, rain and sun, mountains, towpaths, parks and cities, good and bad runs together, but alas, we now must part. What started as a small rip in the right one is now a gaping hole, and they more closely resemble sandals than running shoes. I will be sad to see them go - although it's probably best for everyone that they go in the bin - as it's those things we take for granted that often play a massive role in our success. Without a faithful pair of trainers I wouldn't have made it past day 1 without blisters, and that, well that would have been a disaster. Getting new ones tonight!


 
Stats
Total days: 87 days
Total miles: 901 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment