My Background

Sunday 26 July 2015

100 Days of Running Day 85: a Park Run PB!

 
 
The rain had finally stopped and my trainers were almost dry. The sun had come out, and the trees were bright green, from all the rain (every cloud has a silver/ green lining). What a morning for a run! And a Park Run at that. Mile End Park Run has quickly become my favourite way to start the weekend.
 
I unexpectedly ran a PB for Park Run, which was almost (18 seconds almost) as good as my all time 5 km PB which I did about a century ago. Time 22:13, 67th place, 7th female out of a field of 211 parkrunners, 3rd in my age category (SW30-34). Please refer to last weeks blog, and make of this what you will. I don't care, I just ran faster than I did a few weeks ago, which is good enough for me. Hurrah!
 
Thanks go to Andrew who has done naff all running for a few weeks and declared he wasn't going to run fast today, which I interpreted as we were going to run together, and have a nice little Saturday morning outing. After 1/2 mile he bombed off, leaving me a little peeved. But there is nothing like betrayal to fire up the legs. I also got racing a guy on the last lap, who we got chatting to afterwards, and established that he had seen my 100 Days top and thought that if I had done 100 days of running, then he should be able to do a 5 km faster than me, and I was basically thinking (or, trying to think) the opposite (although I lost in the end, as he beat me). But, this is all good natured! And at the end of the day, some healthy competition resulted in a good time for all of us (Andrew also beat his Mile End best time). Hurrah!
 
 
 
 

Stats
Total Days: 85 days
Total miles: 873 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment