My Background

Tuesday 14 July 2015

100 Days of Running Day 73 - my Aunty :-)

 
 
Today's run was notable for three reasons:
 
1. It rained for the first time in about a month. I have literally become so accustomed to running in the sun lately, that as the raindrops fell from the sky I stared at them in wonder, feeling a bit like a tourist - this is why England is so green and fair! Then I remembered I was in fact from England, so immediately started complaining about the weather, and how this was just a typical July day, and there hasn't been a good summer since 1826 (at least), and you just can't rely on the weather here for a summer holiday. Then I noticed that for the first time in about a month, I didn't feel too hot, and my tan lines weren't going to get any worse today, so I shut up, and put the considerable energy I had expended on negative thinking into actual running. And then I remembered that running in hot rain is my second favourite running weather (the first is thunderstorms, although I suspect that might change once I get hit by lightening).
 
2. A nice man in a turquoise top and compression socks (I like a well co-ordinated running outfit) ran past me (that in itself wasn't the notable, I've been running slowly lately, and a snail on crutches even passed me the other day while I was doing a 5 km). But, he both smiled AND spoke to me, which is a first in London, people sometimes exchange smiles when passing in the opposite direction, but never when overtaking! This cheered me up no end, and the last mile of my run was the greenest it's been in ages. I have taken to referring to my miles as green, yellow, and red lately, which is what my watch records them as, depending upon how fast they were. As explained above, they are generally red, at the moment, and so seeing a Green Mile when I upload my run cheers me up (much more than reading the book did).
 
3. My lovely Aunty Ursula, whom I am doing this for, has sponsored me! Which is incredibly kind, as this whole thing is for her, but she is so kind and selfless that she is still supporting her favourite charities, even when she has so many other things to be dealing with right now. I stared at my sponsorship page for a while, feeling quite bowled over, and extremely touched by this gesture. Then I became even more determined to complete this - as well as all of the above my Aunty is incredibly strong, and if I have even one gram of her strength I know I will be able to do this, and I will do it for her.
 
Days 74 to 100......... BRING. THEM. ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
Stats
Total days: 73 days
Total miles: 768 miles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment