My Background

Sunday 5 July 2015

100 Days of Running Day 63 - oranges and journeys

 

Day 63 was a quiet little pre-marathon run on Friday to Kings Cross Station to find another sculpture from the DNA Trail.


5.5 miles. Went a bit further than I intended, as since Wednesday I've felt a pull in the back of my left leg. Have had this three times now since day 1! Don't know what it is! I feel something go all of a sudden, it feels quite dramatic, hurts for 2 or 3 days, then disappears. It's not fussy about which leg it chooses, has happened in both, although now left leg is in the lead. Running troubles......sigh.....
 
.....nothing a tube or two of Deep Heat can't sort out. I hope this stuff isn't addictive. It's really been sorting out a lot of problems lately.
 
Well, anyway, 5.5 miles was longer than I thought, but I chose to go to Kings Cross as it is symbolic of journeys, and I have been thinking of journeys a lot lately (physical ones, emotional ones, life ones in general, and train ones as well- which are often the most tricky of the lot), and this is a place that many journeys (all of the above types) have begun or ended in the last few years. 

 
This sculpture is called The Orange Tree by Leyla Aliyeva. It is inspired by the bright vibrant orange trees of southern Spain. It's lovely - the orange tree winding and growing on it's journey around the DNA.
 
Stats
Total days: 63
Total miles: 664.85 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment