My Background

Thursday 9 July 2015

100 Days of Running Day 68 - keep your pedal on the medal

 
 
Today's run was unremarkable. I ran 10 km around the park, being careful to always run in different directions, down different paths, so as to keep my promise of never being boring (route-wise at least. That's all I promised, after all).
 
The highlight was the finish, which due to the above promise of not allowing myself to run the same routes over and over again, meant that I ran past my house before my watch ran past 10 km, so to make up the distance I carried on down the street, inadvertently taking a wrong turn and ending up in a nearby council estate, where groups of men in tracksuits and gold jewellery and pulling wheels of bicycles stared at me, in a not altogether friendly manner.
 
Unremarkable runs aside, today's favourite Wimbledon quote from the Andy Murray match was however, quite remarkable.
 
"Keep your pedal on the medal."
 
Yes. This will be my new mantra. To repeat to myself over and over and over in the latter stages of marathons, when all other brain and body functions have failed, and only those things that you've tried really really hard to get into your reluctant brain by mindless repetition are the things that are still able to spring into your tired mind.
 
Keep your pedal on the medal guys.
 
 
 
Stats
Total days: 68
Total miles: 716.85 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment