My Background

Monday 27 July 2015

100 Days of Running Day 86: a stinky run

 
 
I knew I was going to have my work cut out with today's run as soon as I woke up. I have realised that this is hard to explain without sounding bonkers, but sometimes, you just have a bad feeling about something. You just know it's going to stink.
 
15.5 miles of stink gets really stinky.
 
I've been expecting this for some time though. I've had hardly any days like this in the last 85, and with good old English optimism, you can't expect to feel good all the time. Ride the waves and all that. Got to have some bad times to appreciated the good. In short, I was due a bad time, and today was it.
 
I have a moto that a bad run is as useful as a good run, because you can learn a lot from these experiences as well. This requires some post match analysis, and today I conclude that a combination of a low mood, feeling a bit under the weather, and the actual weather, which was definitely under the weather, all contributed.
 
It was an out and back route, and it took all my stubbornness not to turn around sooner, and make it shorter. But ran the whole way in the end, and this at least gave me something to feel good about.
 
And so, onwards and upwards my friends! Tomorrow is another day, and let the sun shine on us, instead of this incessant rain, which is enough to dampen the brightest of spirits!
 
 
 
Stats
Total days: 86 days
Total miles: 888.75 miles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment