My Background

Thursday 4 June 2015

100 Days of Running Day 34

 
 
Back to normal today, 10 miles, no problems. Early morning run to fit in before other commitments. So glad I had to get up early, it was absolutely beautiful this morning! It was so warm and sunny, the air felt electric, and I actually felt charged up by the time I got back.
 
I thought that after years of frustration of being able to take a photo that would win the Wildlife Photography exhibition of the year award, thus granting me fame and fortune, that my moment had finally arrived. I was approaching half way on my run along my route by the canal, and was running up to a bridge, when I saw the silhouette of a stork outlined under the bridge. It was in a pensive pose, still as a statue, staring into the mid distance. If storks pout, it was pouting. It was the perfect picture! I braked to a halt. Oooooh. I faffed about with my phone which was currently pumping 80s pop (ahem) and found the camera. It is so slow, it took eons to decide to grant my request to switch on the camera. Ah ha! It's ready!
 
Oh no. It's flown off.
 
So. Here are the two parts of the picture, which if combined together, make THE perfect picture:
 
 
The bridge
 
 
The stork, now in the mid distance. Actually it's so distant you can't see it on here, but it's flying underneath the tree closest to the water. Use your imagination.
 
 
Slightly deflated I returned to the 80s and carried on. This is an actual picture of the sky!!!
 

 
Slightly unsettled by the complete lack of clouds, I got thinking about clouds, and silver linings. Because there is no use in having clouds without silver linings, they are just grey and a hassle. And then I got thinking about 100 Days from the perspective of a silver lined cloud. I really had my heart set on doing a 100 mile event at the end of last month, but had to give up my place months ago when I had a hip injury - I was so gutted at the time. But then it got better and I could run again, and I looked for anew challenge, and 100 Days is what came up. So really without the clouds, the silver lining wouldn't have come up and I wouldn't have the opportunity to do this awesome challenge and raise money for my Aunty's charities. So there you go, sometimes bad things happen so good things can turn up!
 
 
 
Stats
Days: 34
Total miles: 321.2 

No comments:

Post a Comment