My Background

Friday 5 June 2015

100 Days of Running Day 35 - friends!

 

 
5 miles today up and around the lanes near White Coppice, in preparation for tomorrow's Bolton Hill Marathon. The idea was to re-familiarise myself with the surroundings and feel comfortable before tomorrow. But I kept seeing the radio mast up on Winter Hill out of the corner of my eye, where the race goes up to tomorrow, and I just kept thinking how high it looked. How really really high. So this didn't altogether help. I've just realised the race is called the Bolton Hill Marathon, not the Bolton Marathon, which is making sense to me now.
 
 
I was thinking while I was running how lucky I am to have met all of the people that I have along the adventure of life. With everything I've decided to do, even if the actual thing hasn't totally worked out/ has been a complete and total disaster, I've always met brilliant people along the way, who have become some of my closest friends. And then I thought, isn't that a coincidence, that that seems to always happen. And then I thought, maybe it's not a coincidence, maybe you are supposed to be somewhere at a certain time, so that something will happen.

And then I got confused, as this is getting rather into the realms of fate, which always slightly confuses me as to whether I believe in this or not. On the one hand I disagree, as it implies that whatever is going to happen is going to happen anyway, so that then would imply that you don't need to put any effort into anything, which I wholly disagree with. But on the other hand I think I sort of do think it's true, as all of these things can't just be random. So as I approach 4.5 miles, which seemed like a good time to start wrapping things up, I came to the conclusion that if you put in the energy for things to happen, then they probably will, and they will probably work out somewhere near what you want.

And later as I was working, I found this quote at the bottom of the page, which seemed to fit in with what I was thinking. Sometimes things seem scary, but if you don't try them, you'll never know what they are like. And even if it turns out to be rubbish, you will probably meet a friend along the way.

Here's to friends and new adventures!
 
 
 
Stats
Days: 35
Total miles: 326.2

 

No comments:

Post a Comment