My Background

Saturday 20 June 2015

100 Days of Running Day 50 - HALF WAAAAAAY!!!

 
 
HALF WAY TODAY!!!!
 
Celebrated with my 3rd Park Run. 2 miles there, 5km run, 2 miles back = 7 miles. Park Run is great - lovely people volunteering and running, a really nice thing to do on a Saturday morning - all those people working together to help each other run, and to realise all its benefits.
Part 1 (run quick to the start - almost missed it!)
 
Part 2 (the race - 5km in 22.56 minutes)
 
Part 3 (run home quick - need coffee!)
 
So, let's take a half time break for a quick update on the state of things:
 
Running-wise: the last 50 days have been amazing. Some have been quite difficult. But I feel like every day that I run, I feel stronger. No problems there.
Fundraising-wise: little flurry of kind sponsors lately - THANK YOU to you all! And to everyone else who has sponsored me over the last 50 days! Up to £310 now, which is awesome.
Wishes-wise: so many people are so kind in asking after my Aunty, and sending their best wishes for her - THANK YOU for these thoughts :-)
 
OK, so to the next 50 days......
 
I am going off radar for a week to start with. Tomorrow Andrew and I are running the Thames Path. It's got a shiny book, and everything. Oooooooh.
 
 
We are doing this in a haphazardy fashion. Over a few days at Easter we ran from Dartford (the 'sea end') to Hampton Court. Tomorrow we are going to run from near Kemble in the Cotswolds (the 'source end'), and take 8 days to get back to Hampton Court, which is around 150 miles, along the River Thames.
 
So this is what we will do:
Sunday 21st June: The Source - Lechdale (23.5 miles)
Monday 22nd June: Lechdale to Newbridge (19 miles)
Tuesday 23rd June: Newbridge - Sandford-upon-Thames (20 miles)
Wednesday 24th June: Sandford - Wallingford (18.5 miles)
Thursday 25th June: Wallingford - Sonning (21 miles)
Friday 26th June: Sonning - Marlow (13.5 miles)
Saturday 27th June: Marlow - Windsor (14 miles)
Sunday 28th June: Windsor - Hampton Court (20 miles)
 
It seems quite a long way now I look at it like this, but hey, I'm sure it will be fine. The 100 Days Total Miles will look good this time next week!
 
I have packed my rucksack:
 
 
Teeny tiny bit apprehensive that this is all I'm going to have with me for a week, plus a pair of trainers and a pair of flip-flops (note: 2 pairs of shoes is the least number of shoes I have ever taken on holiday ever. EVER).
 
Obviously we will pick up food and drink along the way. Obviously. Not running for a week without that. I'm just saying that to reassure myself about the lack of food in the picture.
 
As dedicated as I am to my blog,  upper body strength isn't my thing, so I've had to downsize my rucksack contents, and chuck out the computer. I tried to be resourceful and have tried using my phone to update it, which in theory should work, but as it's my phone, nothing works, so I can't do that. So, I apologise in advance that there will be no blog until next Sunday. But I have taken some thin paper and a lightweight pen (hey, it all adds up) to write about each day as it happens, so I can update this when I'm back!
 
Adios until then - have a great week my friends!
 
StatsDays: 50
Total miles: 474.7 miles
 

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Well done, half way. Don't know how you do it. You are a star.
    Very impressed with the minimal luggage. Believe me you will be very grateful for the nice light rucksack when you are running with it on your back.
    Hope you and Andrew have a really good time on the Thames Path and that limbs, joints and trainers hold up. Just think of all the cakes, ice creams, sticky toffee puddings etc you can eat to make up the calories☺
    WELL DONE again on your amazing achievements so far.
    Mum and Dad xxx 😀😀 👟🎒

    ReplyDelete