My Background

Tuesday 9 June 2015

100 Days of Running Day 38 - c'est la vie!

 

Up early for a quick 4 miles before breakfast and exam day. To be fair to today, it started off well. The smile a day thing is going well, even at 7 am pretty much everyone I saw and smiled at, smiled back. Some people have said to me the last couple of days after reading my blog, how it's true that smiling at someone and making a connection with them, really lifts their mood. So smile on, friends!
 
 
The rest of the day can be summed up as C'est La Vie (to the tune of Bewitched). The exam was hard, and I'm frustrated as I put a lot of time into preparing, and now I just have to wait. It's actually an interesting experiment of a previous post about trying your best and then fate/ life/ whatever you call it will do the rest to get you to your desired destination. My actual real trust in this idea is now being tested. How much do you really believe all the nice quotes about things working out??
 
Still on the theme of quotes, I've another, "If you tried your best, then wait in peace." I read this somewhere recently but even if the prize was a castle and a year's supply of hob-nobs I still couldn't tell you where, so I'm sorry if I've stolen it from someone, but I like it a lot.
 
And on the subject of c'est la vie, which is French (tenuous link alert), Andrew is in Paris and still training there! Ooh la la, it looks amazing! I miss my training partner when we are parted! But running is almost a link - knowing someone else is out there doing the same thing, even if in a different place, but knowing that you're both beating a rhythm with you feet on the same earth.
 
 
 
 

Smile and run. What will be, will be!

Stats
Days: 38
Total miles: 361.4 miles
 



No comments:

Post a Comment