My Background

Sunday 14 June 2015

100 Days of Running Day 43 - Hakuna Matata

 
 
Back in business. Redeemed myself a bit with 20 miles today.
 
 
And the most exciting thing that's happened to me in weeks happened today. I saw a warthog on the run. AND I managed to take a picture.
 
 
Well, that's not great. but zoom in, and BOOM!

WARTHOG!!!!!
 

To explain. Although this is what I plan on telling everyone, to tell the truth, it wasn't wild and hogging it up around the streets of London. It was in London Zoo. Which (second most exciting thing to happen) you get to run through the middle of, if you run along the Regents Canal!

I named him Pumba, and have been singing the Pumba song ever since.
 
Hakuna matata, what a wonderful phrase
Hakuna matata, ain't no passing craze
It means no worries for the rest of your days
It's our problem free philosophy, Hakuna Matata
 
Got to say the route today was awesome. Kept up with the recent theme of running on canals (I had never appreciated before quite how much canal there is in this country. They are everywhere! Which now I think of it makes sense, obviously if they used to be a main form of transport to places, they would go to places. I suppose I'd just never thought of it before).
 

 
Ran in other direction (east) along the Regents Canal through Angel, found our way around the really long tunnel that the towpath doesn't go through. Then on to Kings Cross, which is pretty much all brand new, and on through Camden Market (packed on Saturday lunch time) and then on to Regents Park, and through the zoo. Then past some huge houses, and then on to Little Venice, where the canal joins the Grand Union Canal and lots of colourful canal boats are moored and the towpath runs through the middle of their gardens. Then it was further along to Kensal Green, and it all got a bit more gritty until we turned around at 10 miles, and did it all backwards.
 
Nice way to see some more of the city!
 
Stats
Days: 43
Total miles: 417.15 miles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment