My Background

Saturday 13 June 2015

100 Days of Running Day 42 - ouch

 

Feeling too disappointed in myself to speak in full sentences:
  • Finished uni for the third time (that's definitely it now)
  • Cocktails are the drink of the devil
  • Too old for this (definitely definitely the last time as a student)
  • Disappointed in myself. Just to re-emphasise that.
Slightly concerned that after 41 days of hard graft and training I can actually feel this bad running 5 miles. It's like I've never run a step before. Today felt like the longest run I have ever done. Ever. Ever. Ever. And I didn't even have that many cocktails, which is the annoying thing. Just goes to show. I think it was the bright orange one that looked like Iron Bru that did it.
 
The only thing that made me feel better was that Andrew felt worse. Which isn't very nice of me. But there you go. Sorry :-)


Well! There you go. That was my last night as a student, I suppose. Am feeling sad, I will miss all the friends I've made, although we'll definitely stay friends. And I won't miss all the exams and assessment, and it will be nice to be a proper person and get a proper job and start a new career. It's quite exciting, when you think of it like that, which I hadn't until now, as there hadn't been time to think about anything other than what I needed to do to get through it all.
 
And now back to running. My body is a temple. Just water now for me please. Rehydrate and refocus!  if you will excuse me hangover, I am 23 miles behind schedule and have some running to do. Adios!
 
Stats
Days: 42
Total miles: 397 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment