My Background

Thursday 18 June 2015

100 Days of Running Day 48 - Adventures

 

This morning I woke up and went out for a run without a plan. To be honest, I hadn't realised I hadn't got a plan, it was just when I started running I realised I hadn't decided where I was going, or how long for.
 
I ended up back in Victoria Park, where I did two laps and 7.35 miles. It was all very nice, the park is indeed much more wholesome in the day time, lots of children doing sports day, lots of older people walking, lots of park rangers ranging, runners running, parents with children, a bride (why not?), dogs running around with mouths wide open and ears flapping like it was the most exciting day ever. It was all very wholesome, and warm and sunny, and I felt very content.
 
 
But then I got home, and realised I hadn't been anywhere NEW. This bothered me. My challenge is not supposed to be safe and samey, it's supposed to push my boundaries, to show I can do something different for a cause I believe in, and to be an adventure along the way.
 
So I'm going to do something different everyday now. Even if it's just a little bit new, like a new loop on the end of a favourite run, or around a different part of a park I've never done before, or even a totally completely new route that looks a bit scary. Some part will be different, and I will explore more places.
 

Once I decided on that, I felt better.


I have opened the window in preparation for tomorrow, but a moth has just flown in. So I will close it for now, but first thing tomorrow -  ADVENTURES!!!!!!!!!!

Stats
Days: 48
Total miles: 461.8 miles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment