My Background

Friday 19 June 2015

100 Days of Running Day 49 - a disappointing adventure, a new adventure, and a casualty

 
 
New adventures began today! 
 
Ran along some main roads. Through lots of roadworks. Waited at some massive roundabouts for ages. Feeling a bit disappointed. I may never run to Highbury Fields along the A1 again, but it was different, and you have to start an adventure somewhere.
 
5.6 miles. Hit 70 mile target this week! Looking forward to next week when I can get my total miles up! On Sunday a big adventure is starting! 8 day holiday starts, running 150 miles along the Thames Path from Kemble (near Cirencester) to Hampton Court, staying at different places every night. It will be like travelling again, but with running thrown in, and it will be brilliant.
 
Am slightly anxious that I have to carry everything I want for a week. I have never done this before. But at least we're not camping. I totally think I could be an explorer, if B&B accommodation was available every night,
 
 
There is some bad news though; the first casualty of the challenge happened today. My favourite purple trainers have got a big hole in them :-( 49 days, almost got half way with them. Onto the neon coral ones now, have cleaned them and everything, ready for Sunday.

 
 

The most disappointing thing was that I got a new purple rucksack for the trip which matched the trainers, and now it's all mismatched.
 
Well, if there's one thing I like more than outrunning my watch, its outrunning a pair of trainers.
 

Stats
Days: 49
Total miles: 467.4miles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment