My Background

Thursday 18 June 2015

100 Days of Running Day 47 - steps



Today I ran 10 miles, and did an experiment.


There's lots of stuff in the media at the moment about how many steps we should take a day, for good health. For example this article by the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33154510 

I have no idea how many steps I do, even when running. So I downloaded a pedometer onto my phone and set off.



16, 613 in 10 miles! Probably not that accurate, I was holding my phone in my hand, which won't be as accurate as if it was on my ankle, as I didn't run the 10 miles on my hands. Also, I noticed it said I'd run 11.6 miles, which I didn't, so it looks like it's overestimated things. But still, I'd say as a ballpark figure, that's still going to be at least 1,000 steps per mile.

Also, as a short legged person, my 16,613 steps might take more effort than for a long legged person! Ha!

Stats
Days: 47
Total miles: 454.45 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment